MATHS AND LIERACY REFLICTIONS

REFLECTIONS WEEK 3&4

MATHS REFLECTION

In maths I have been in hyna’s maths group. I have learnt and understand alot  more stuff recently. We have been working on identifying aptters in counting numbers. Every morning we usally strt with mad minute counting where we have a CN (counting number) and a SN (starting number) and we do some counting. We have been doing alot of group discussions which has been great because I find that I understand it better and get to talk with others. I feel that I am improving with counting likegetting quicker and what I need to improve on is understand stuff a little better. A big thank you to Mr Hynes for helping me.

LITERACY REFLECTION

In literacy I have done a workshop with Miss Murnae where we did blogging. We got to make an account on EDMODO which is a site where we can put things from our blog on and there are links for different websites. We got to do a really cool thing called five card flicker where you pick 5 pictures and make a story about them. What I need to improve on in blogging is to not rush and I am doing well on getting everything onto my blog. Blogging has been really exciting and I like it. A big thank you to Miss Murnae for showing up all the cool websites.

Maths Reflection
recently in maths we have been learning how to put decimals on number-line. we had to plot the decimals as best as we could onto a numberline. also we have been searching we have been searching up results of the olympic scores/times of the sports and either recording them on a graph or numberline. maths has been really interesting for me lately because i have learnt about decimal fractions and we have been learning about things related to the olympics. the thing i may need to work on is understanding a bit better on how to put decimal fractions on a numberline.

Literacy Reflection
in literacy there was a workshop that i went to and Mr Dando ran it. in the workshop we got told  about the oreination, complication, setting and resultion. we had to read a text called the slippery dip and then we had to circle the orenation, setting, ect. it was interseting because i thought sometimes a bit diffrent to where the things were. i think i need to imnprove on finding the series of events.

THANKYOU TO ALL THE TEACHERS FOR HELPING ME LEARN!!!!!!!!

LITERACY RELECTION
In literacy we did a speaking and listening assessment. We had to pick a product and make a little jingle and act about it. I was in a group with Caity, Eliza and Ruby H and we chose Colgate toothpaste. I learnt that you need to face the audience and make sure you are loud for everyone to hear. Our jingle was really catchy it went like this:
WHEN YOUR TEETH ARE BROWN AND YOUR FEELING DOWN, CHOSE COLGATE… COLGATE!!
Our act when really well but some things we need to work on was being more confident on the stage and another thing was making our jingle and act longer and let others have longer parts. I could take my learning further by not laughing while I’m talking so people can understand what I’m saying.

MATHS REFLECTION
In maths Mrs. Redden has been teaching us multiplication after we had a test to see where we need help. Lately when we have been learning multiplication we have been going on to a grid and showing how to break up the sum for example: 17×7 we did 10×7=70 and 7×7=49 and we drew the breaking up parts onto a grid.
At the start it was a little tricky to break up the numbers and put them onto a grid but in the end I got the hang of it. Maths has been really good lately and I think it is really good to have a learning partner with you just to help you and share your ideas. I can take my learning further by working harder on the times tables i have been givin and understanding a bit better how to break up the sums and not get confused.

I HOPE THAT ALL THE TEACHERS THAT TEACH ME KNOW THAT I APPRECIATE THE THINGS YOU ALL TEACH ME THAT WILL HELP WITH MY EDUCATION AND FUTURE! THANKYOU!!!!!!

3 thoughts on “MATHS AND LIERACY REFLICTIONS

1. Great reflections Meg. The Olympics have lots of maths topics in it that is very interesting. Your Literacy reflection was good. I am glad you enjoyed the reading workshop. It is always good to have a refresher just in case you may not understand something. Well done.

2. Hi Meg, thanks for your reflections, You are really thinking about your learning, what you are doing well and how you can improve. Thanks for your kind words also, I know all your teachers would really appreciate it 🙂 Keep up the great work!
    Miss Mahon

3. Thanks meg for your in depth reflections , I enjoy reading about your learning at school and how you feel or would like to do better x a very proud mum